Has all that extra time spent in the garden of late left your hands looking a little worse for wear? This homemade gardener’s hand scrub recipe should do the trick!
This is the perfect gardener’s hand scrub for gardeners, crafters and anyone whose hands get rough treatment and need a good scrubbing.
Makes: 1 x 250g jar
Approximate shelf life: Three months
- 1 cup of caster sugar, or salt for a coarser scrub
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, chopped finely
- fine grater lemon juicer
- 250g jar
- Put sugar (or salt) into a bowl.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, olive oil and rosemary.
- Stir all together until combined, then scoop the paste into the jar.
- Store the jar in a cool dark place.
Directions for use:
Rub the gardener’s hands scrub paste into your hands well, and then rinse it off with warm water.