Whether or not you follow food fads, these “paleo” cauliflower tortillas are a magic gluten-free alternative to wheat flatbreads that taste amazing too.
Cauliflower Tortillas Recipe
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut up and stems removed
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cloves of oven roasted garlic
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. of paprika, oregano, cumin or spices of choice (optional)
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Blend the cauliflower in a blender or food processor until the texture is finer than rice.
Steam the riced cauliflower over boiling water for five minutes.
Allow to cool a little and then squeeze out as much excess water as you can in a tea towel or cheesecloth (can be done in advance and left to drain).
Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl, adding in eggs and season to taste.
Divide the mixture into six or more balls of equal size. Spread each ball out on baking paper on a flat oven tray.
Place in the oven and bake for eight to 10 minutes, then flip and cook for another five minutes.
- Delicious with oven roasted vegetables and aioli or pesto
- Mexican bean mix with sour cream
- Topped with ratatouille and grated parmesan
- For breakfast with sautéed mushrooms and poached eggs