Jazz up a simple chicken salad with some Vietnamese mint. Add some extra ingredients and you’ve got yourself a classic Vietnamese chicken and mint salad!
Vietnamese mint (Persicaria odorata) is sometimes called laksa herb. A wonderful creeping herb, it loves moist climates and wet feet, so you can grow it in a pond or near a tap.
Use some fresh from your garden to make the perfect summer salad – Vietnamese chicken and mint salad.
- 60ml lime juice
- 60ml fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 3 pieces or 200g cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cucumbers grated
- 1 large carrot grated
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- 1 cup of mint
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Optional extras: avocado and black sesame seeds
Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl, allowing it to sit for several minutes to let the sugars dissolve.
Combine the salad ingredients together in a seperate bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients, toss, and enjoy!